Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Idaho?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted
I see many of you guys hunt or have hunted in Idaho.Besides No-Tellum creek,where did you go or where would you want to go?St Joe area w/either sex Elk.Central- Elk City or down to Chamberlain Basin or Eastern- Palisades up to Salmon or somewhere else?

Just curious...............Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Notellum cr has been shot out! everyone and their dog hunts there. I hunt the south fork of notellum. But don't tell anyone.
Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jayco, I put in for Controlled Bull Elk in Unit 43, late season. If drawn, I'll be huuting east of Featherville. A friend has a place out in the boonies there and knows the country really well.

If not drawn ... well, not sure where I and my buddy will hunt General Season Elk.

Have you taken that trip over to Montana yet? Snow oughta be off the road by now.

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jaycocreek,

I hunted cougar successfully with Bruce Duncan in Unit 1 near Priest lake. It was my first time in Idaho and I was very impressed with the variety, quantity and quality of game I saw. In fact I'm now selling hunts for Bruce.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Waha-unit 11 when I can get the draw. Another great unit for big bulls is unit 29-2 out of Leadore.

Used to hunt unit 10 around Skull Creek and the wolves ran me out. Now their nealy thick on the So. Fork, unit 15 where I also hunted.

Now its Waha or unit 8 where I live across the river from Lewiston. Mostly cow tags. But no wolves, yet.

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Pete-I used to log out of Waha on Private ground for Swift logging.Pretty country and the first time I had been in that area Soldiers Meadow and the lake etc..I usually hunt the border of Unit 14 and 15 in the Gospel Hump Wilderness.Haven't seen any Wolves or signs of them yet but I hear horror stories from Elk City and the surrounding areas and down around Lowell and the Selway River area.

The Montana road from Red River to Montana is my next trip as thats the one place in Idaho I've always wanted to see and haven't and I've lived here 55+ years.Pittiful.

Good luck on everyones hunts....Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I hunt mostly in the Upper Snake River region (Ashton) when I am lucky enough to draw out. The spike only over the counter tags are killers. Trying to find a spike is way tougher than finding a trophy bull it seems. If I go open hunt I like the Palisades area. I used to hunt around Victor but is nothing but trophy homes all around the edge of the basin. The area in Victor where I shot my first elk is now a huge private golf course and trophy homes.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
Used to live in Boise (been out of state 15 years) and hunted Deer and Bear in Unit 39 some. But my favorite area was up around Yellowpine and up Profile Gap area.

Coming back to Idaho this summer and am going to have to do a lot of looking to find a good spot.

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote