THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: What 2 way radios are the best for hunting?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What 2 way radios are the best for hunting?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i have motorola they work great and we do use them alot while hunting but mainly to help get a animal out not to kill it. i use mine mire in the summer . last week we went charlotte nc to the bass pro shops and i took mine along to talk to the other car load that went they are great on the road . after we got there the wife took one to the mall while i spent my time a bps.i have mod t5720 there 5 mile range .curcuit city 59.95 on sale.

Posts: 181 | Location: virginia,usa | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My hunting buddy and I use Motorolas. He's had 3 heart attacks already, and we use them for safety, to meet at a specific point, or to inform one another if we got something on the ground (at the sound of a shot).

Pepper, that Garmin Rhino sounds very interesting as I could atleast find him if he doesn't answer his radio, or he mine. I didn't know they made them that away. It tuff being old farts.

Posts: 28 | Location: Buffalo Country | Registered: 02 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
�False��. I don�t thinks so. The original question was-- �What 2 way radios are the best for hunting?" If you are using radios for hunting in Montana, you are violating the law. Peel the onion anyway you want; it is your ticket. CP.

Posts: 153 | Location: Wapiti Way, MT | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lawdogso
posted Hide Post
I vote for the Garmin Rhino. It has radio and GPS. I have used one and it is user friendly.
Lawdogso

Posts: 81 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Your not getting just a bit technical there are ya?

In that case, the answer would have to be 'none.' But for other uses, I think there have been some good suggestions.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brain, I honestly took the question literally. I agree that radios provide many practical and useful functions in the brush. However, employing radios in the pursuit of game strikes me not unlike using aircraft to spot game the day of a hunt, it defeats the principles of fair chase. So, I support the broadest possible interpretation of the Montana regulations, and I have good reason to believe that a number of game cops feel the same way as I do.

Incidentally, I hope that you did not have to fly last week in Southeast. It was miserable on the ground on POW and no doubt would have been horrible flying about in a helicopter. CP.

Posts: 153 | Location: Wapiti Way, MT | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Classic boat, but damn that is a tough racket in which to make a living. I know that you know better than me from your CG time, but be careful that country and weather routinely eats people... CP.