THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    I'm sitting here enjoying my jalapeno and cheese

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm sitting here enjoying my jalapeno and cheese
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I really like wild game. How do vegetarians survive?

This past trip in WY, my brother and I went all out with a variety of meats, sausages, etc.

Right now, I'm perusing the net, wife is watching ER and I'm enjoying the heck out of this wild game jalapeno and cheese sausage. I've got some elk/deer/antelope breakfast sausage in the fridge and some antelope burger for our pot of chili tomorrow night.

Will be eating a nice roast over the weekend. Found organic carrots and potatoes on sale tonight at WalMart Supercenter.

God, I love hunting season's rewards.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get any more organic that wild game!!

Nothing beats wild game sausage or jerkey either.

MG

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I agree, taking some jerky with me to work right now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got some of the jalapeno cheese sausage. It is excellent. Who made your sausage?

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
While in Casper, we took our bucks to Sundowner taxidermy/meat processing. The way it works is he sends off a portion of your meat to another guy who makes sausage in Douglas (from what I could tell). And he has in his freezer, the breakfast sausage, and jalapeno/cheese, and a dozen or more to choose from that is from the guy in Douglas. The catch is, you are not getting your meat, which is the one part that bothered me a bit since I know how my game is taken care of. BUT, the meat that I took in will go to someone else in the near future, probably within a few days.

The sausages of all kinds is a mix of elk, whitetail, mulie, and antelope, which is VERY good.

Instead of getting any of my 'hamburger' back, I chose the sausages and jerky. I have no regrets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aw, Doc! Wish i was nibbling some of that Chile/Cheese sausage right now. I'm preparing to take about 75 lbs of caribou burger and about 25 lbs of venison burger in to the butcher for sausage making myself. Man it's sooo good to enjoy as the winter blows outside.

Nope, I much prefer being carniverous.

Hmmm, Accurate' is such a tremendous resource, I wonder if I can find any sausage recipies here? (Back in a minute, guyz!) - EB

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass

Posts: 49 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 23 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, My!! PAY DIRT! Plenty of suggestions in the Recipe Forum.

I'm going to fire up the sausage factory at home, maybe my smoker, and I'll let you know how it goes!

Maybe if I get an early start on Saturday, when the family is still asleep, I can still get through all the honey-do's that piled up while I was focusing on my Alaska hunt last month!
(OK - "focus" wasn't QUITE the word my dear wife used recently!) - EB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up my Jalapeno/cheese bear sausage yesterday. I have tried it all. I think bear is the best. Also have about 800 lbs of moose steaks, moose burger and breakfast sausage.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho_Elk_Hunter:
...moose steaks, moose burger....

mmmmmmm. Had moose steaks and burger in Maine on my first bear hunt, holy cow, excellent food.

I've had bear jerky and it was delicious. When I killed a bear in NB this past May, during the skinning, we found more parasites than you can count....crawling in and out of the meat.

Les brought his back though, had it butchered and they had it at one of his friend's bar and grill, was a huge hit.

The vegetarians have no clue what they're missing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had some friends over two weeks ago and served up some deer sausage that I made using one of the mixes from Gander Mountain. Also added a pinch of garlic, red pepper, Creole seasoning....they loved it. Headed out west for a Buffalo hunt with my muzzleloader. If successfull, This will be the 2nd time in 25 yrs that I will have had my game processed, have been doing it all myself, including the summer sausage and breakfast sausage. Hope its as good as mine.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Douglas is where I had my jalapeno cheese sausage made.

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'm eating some more right now. Have a dead doe in the back of the truck. Will post story in bowhunting later today when bro emails pics.

Had to bring bro home as his son has a football game. Leaving in a few to check her in and then butcher her.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well I just had a couple of antelope Chorizo fajita burritos for lunch. I didn't leave any scraps for the dogs so they're both sitting outside the door with their backs to me, pissed off.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, we had antelope chili last night!! Big Grin

Actually, my wife used 3/4 pound of breakfast sausage which is deer/elk/lope mix, and a pound of lope burger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish we lived closer together, we'd have a party... eating and telling stories till the cows came home!

This weekend we enjoyed Caribou Chile Rellenos and also Empanadas while we watched the Michigan/Penn State Game (Go Blue!).

- EB

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
I am bringing antelope backstrap and stuffing to a work potluck on Wednesday. It is my sincerest hope the liberal weenies here hate it an I can take it back home for leftovers.
cheers

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allout:
I am bringing antelope backstrap and stuffing to a work potluck on Wednesday. It is my sincerest hope the liberal weenies here hate it an I can take it back home for leftovers.
cheers

NO NO NO....don't tell them what it is until they're done enjoying it!!!

Then show 'em the kill pics! animal