New
Find
Notify
Tools

MT Sheep, Goat, etc Drawings out
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Right now I know that resident drawings are complete for Sheep and Goat and maybe moose.

Looks like I will go without again this year.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Looks like this non-resident will go without again also this year.

That should put me at 6 bonus points for next year. Is that still a paltry amount? I hate to admit defeat and give my money to the Canadians, but I don't want to become an old man dreaming of a goat hunt.

I've hesitated getting into that whole tag/application service thing. 'Don't like spending that kind of money and it ain't exactly my cup o' tea having to explain to the war department that I really can't plan anything from September through Christmas.

'Just going to be missing the mountains sumthin' fierce this fall.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Moose, Sheep, Goat: Unsuccessful, again Mad

That'll put me at 10 bonus points next year.

What happened with the "squaring" bonus points rumor?

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
6 points isn't going to do much. I have friends that haven't drawn in 20 years. I had a friend that drew a Square Butte Mtn Goat tag on his 2nd try. I think that's a 1/2% chance.

The squaring points got shut down but I can't remember why.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my sons drew a ewe tag! Roll Eyes

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing this year. This was my 37th year in a row without a sheep tag. I haven't missed a year..... I have been saying maybe next year way to long...

Posts: 548 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, nothing for me either this year. Bonus points mounting up, but so are others. I'm getting pretty old for this business, and may just forget the permits.
Semper Fi

Posts: 29 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I finally scored a sheep tag! Can't beleive it. I will be spending some quality time near Anaconda, chasing the big rams. Anyone know much about area 213?

shortside

Squeeze dang-it!

Posts: 33 | Location: Missoula, MT | Registered: 16 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a young teenager was in the news as having shot a real nice ram several years ago in that area. Not real familiar with it myself however. Congrats on drawing that coveted tag. Keep us informed about your hunt. Good luck
Semper Fi

Posts: 29 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shortside:
I finally scored a sheep tag! Can't beleive it. I will be spending some quality time near Anaconda, chasing the big rams. Anyone know much about area 213?

shortside

Wow! That's a great tag. Congrats. I don't know any one personally, but ask around and you'll find someone. A guy at work helped a friend of his get one two years ago. He said they actually glassed them on the hillsides just outside of town, houses were in view where they shot his.

20+ years of putting in for me and no tags yet. I'm not going to give up for another 20.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only hope is the Super Tag for goat or sheep.....one in a billion.

Also waiting to see if I drew the archery elk zones I put in for.......

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I finally pulled a mountain goat tag with 10 years of points. Still waiting on the sheep and moose tag, but not complaining! dancing
Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So you are the one who got my tag!!!! 213 is the area I put in for... Drop me a PM with your email and I will pass on what I know of the area. I live about 30 miles from the area.
Russ

Posts: 548 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote