Notify
Tools

Picture of My new Gun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I hope this works
 -

Posts: 50 | Location: Katy, Texas | Registered: 07 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
too small - I will try again

-

Posts: 50 | Location: Katy, Texas | Registered: 07 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Let's try this

-

Jason,
You want to click on the thumbnailed picture on Imagstation and then copy that picture (its URL will end with ".jpg")

Any way, nice rifle -tell us about it.

Regards,

Terry

[ 02-04-2003, 08:49: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is it? A Howa? The stock looks suspiciously like the Butler Creek my Howa 1500 came with.

Clue us in!

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice looking rifle, what's the nitty-gritty on it???

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep sorry I got so frustrated with the picture that I forgot to talk about it. It is a Remington 700 BDL stainless synthetic chambered in 7mm Rem Mag with a Leupold 3x9 scope. I am very impressed with it so far. It shoots incredibly well. I got a 1/2" group at the range with 150 grain remington core lokts. I checked the trigger pull at a gun shop at it breaks at 3.75 pounds. Is this normal? I did get it used on gunbroker, but it looks and seems brand new. Thanks Nathan

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Nathan,

Congrats on the new rifle. Is this your first big game rifle? Let us know your hunting plans with it. That trigger pull is very good for that 700. I would take it to a gunsmith and have him check it for you including a "drop" test on the trigger if you do not know how to check it yourself. I generally set mine at 3lbs. It would be good for him to show you how to adjust the trigger on a 700.

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote