THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: I suppose this Sierra MK bullet worked on deer.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I suppose this Sierra MK bullet worked on deer.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Well, like I said. I'm a 200 yarder guy and under with confidence. 300 I'll shoot with a great rest and good breathing.

I made this post simply because I saw it at LR and I knew we had some threads about MK bullets on game yada yada yada.

My little Leica 900 is OK for me and my style of shooting/hunting.

My personal opinion is that there is no 'hunt' at all when you shoot an animal at 1000 yards. I'm a hunter. That is why I do a lot of bowhunting from the ground without much cover. I simply like to outsmart my quarry. If I can.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... I've been reading the posts over at longrangehunting.com, ...

Hey Doc, Have you learned anything there that will(or has) helped you with your hunting?

I know that even though I'm not a Bow Hunter, I have learned a few things from you Bow Hunters over the years. Just wondering if those guys at longdistance are giving you any tips you consider relevant to your Hunting Style.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
HC:

I've been looking at that sight since about June of this year. The reason I was scoping it out was to see if there were any tips available before my Wyoming hunt.

I was going by myself in unknown territory. I knew that shots at antelope may have been long d/t pressure since the Sept. 25 opener.

To answer your question, I found limited tips for me. I think those guys are great shooters and most seem to know their stuff but I concluded that a goal is to see just how far away one can get and still drop an animal.

I still puruse there now and then.