Notify
Tools

Wyoming Region A, area 2
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted
Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to draw a Region A tag this year, and my good buddy, who lives in Gillette, is taking me to area 2 next week. Any last minute pointers? I guess we're going to be near Beulah somewhere (I've never been to this area before).

I know it is going to be cold there, which is about all I know other than there are both mulies and white tails in the area.

Thanks for any advice,

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
The season opens tomorrow , it was cold this morning but is supposed to be in the 60's by Saturday. I was elk hunting today and will be Saturday. I live in area 3 and hunt 1,2 and 3.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Eric.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only have two questions.

Does this guy have a ranch lined up for you to hunt?

Why didn't you ask this question sooner?

The forest can be good, but you'll be sharing it with a lot of folks. Ranches in this part of the world are a sure thing, but it is too late to find a place now...most are booked up.

Good hunting

MG

One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kyler and elkman2, much appreciated.

Madgoat, we were going to a different area (area 1) but my friend found a better spot. I don't know much else about the area other than that. It is an adventure, so I'm keeping an open mind.

I'll update you all when I return around the 15th.

Teat Hound out . . .

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck...and dress warmly. It can be pretty cold in those parts during November!

Lots of deer in that country, you should do well.

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would normally be in area 3 now on a small piece of ground my wife and I own but the MIL has been diagnosed with breast cancer so I have to stick around here to help as the wife can't always get off work. When I checked the left over NR deer they had some left over just like last year. Good luck with your hunt, wish I could be there.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Well men,

I took a nice little 8-point Wyoming whitetail. Having never hunted whitetail deer, I have to admit that it is very addicting.

Thanks,

-eric

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TH
Decent looking whitetail you have. I gotten hooked on mule deer lately. Our gun season for whitetail opens on the 27th here in Ohio. I would prefer a doe but will take a buck if it is big enough.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Nice looking buck, I am hunting areas 1,2,3. I shot a 5 x 3 mulie Wed. and have several doe tags to fill also. The mulie came from public land, I had been hunting most of the seasion except for 4 days to get my wife an elk,, This country is fun hunting isn't it?? I live in 3.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ELKMAN2:

This country is fun hunting isn't it??

I loved it, for sure. In fact, I'm afraid to tell others about it! I'm going back.

Meet you next year at the Turf Bar . . .

-eric

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
try the Rodeo in Hulett, just to see Cap'n Ron!!!