New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghost Story
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
, My buddies father-in-law's ashes are scattered on the property that we hunt. The F-I-L bought it in the mid '70's to hunt deer. Several years ago I winged a yearling doe late in the day. I found blood, but with the dwindling light decided to pick up the trail in the morning.

I hunted til 9a.m. then went to pick up the trail. There was a few inches of snow but the blood trail had run out. I had never met the F-I-L but was desparate to find this deer. So I asked Dick for some "help".

A snow covered stump caught my eye so I headed in that direction. I didn't take 3 steps and almost tripped over the deer.Thanks Dick.

Last Saturday,about 3 p.m. and not seeing many deer (3 for the day) I asked Dick for some help again,"a deer right there, in that clearing, next to that scrub oak would be nice".

Couldn't have been 2 mins. later and in the exact spot, stood a deer. I couldn't see the head but it was a deer. I let it go.(we decided not shoot does this year) Thank you, Dick.

The next day, Sunday, 4 o'clock, last day of season, been on stand since daybreak and not seeing any deer, not a one,
I asked Dick for his "help."

Not 3 seconds passed, 3 seconds, and a decent 8 pt. buck appeared on the right side of the afore mentioned scrub oak. He died there.

We camp here every labor day. When my buddies kid was 5 years old (he's 21 now) he told me that grandpa Dick took him on rides when he was sleeping. I asked if they went into the clouds and the kid said,"oh no, the clouds are way down there". Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

It probably is a coincidence, but maybe, just maybe, the old man's spirit walks the property and he has seen fit to help me on these three occasions. The proof is in the freezer. tu2

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
cool story. thanks for sharing. I've had some interesting things like this happen too. Gives me goose bumps thinking about it

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I speak to "my" people also.
I believe.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Great story! Brings a smile to my heart.

In my line of work, I hear of these sorts of things with surprising frequency. A person might notice quite a bit if one pays attention, no matter who they are.

Thanks for the good news! tu2

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted often with my Grandfather.I feel him often when I hunt old places he and I went.Now I am a Great Grandfather.I wonder if anyone will feel my presence when I am gone?

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote