THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    All I want for Christmas (or New Year's)...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All I want for Christmas (or New Year's)...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All I want for Christmas is to draw a sheep tag.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You and everyone else! Where are you/have you applied?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 893 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have ~8 pts in each of the states. Currently have a Dall and Stone.
If I could draw either the desert (I know, I know) or the Rocky then I could justify coming out of pocket for the finale to the Grand Slam.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
read something on the web this am about expensive hunts. it said the 3rd (maybe 4th) most expensive hunt was for desert sheep. said price averaged 50k. also said most folks, if they are lucky enough to get a tag, will pay whatever because that sheep will comlete their slam. hope you draw a tag while you can still walk. the other avenue is to "buy" a tag. said that would run 75-80k and up. best of luck.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
headed for sonora in jan to guide a desert sheep hunt,priced @45,000.oo
that said cost doesn't include airfare,taxidermy
and the rest of the incidentals.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
To keep employment one more year.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"headed for sonora in jan to guide a desert sheep hunt,priced @45,000.oo"

sorry folks sometimes i'm a bit dyslexic,that should of read 54,000.oo.
sheep fever is bad enough,don't need to give anyone a dose of "cheap sheep fever"

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
I sure would like to draw an elk tag here in the Oklahoma elk draw.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote