THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Favorite "Hangouts" in your hunting area

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite "Hangouts" in your hunting area
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We all know how it is.....after you have been hunting for awhile out in the middle of nowhere there comes a time when you need a break. My favorite place is just down the road in Los Angeles. Texas that is. It's just a good ole combination dance hall and beer joint. A great place to relax and have a ball. Political correctness has not taken hold here yet as you can see from my t-shirt and bumper sticker I picked up over the weekend. I should add that the owner is mexican so if it's racist......well tough.

How about your favorite "hangout" or watering hole.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey M16, Best "fun" thread topic I've seen in a long time. Should get some interesting responses.

My favorite would be "Antley's" in Orangeburg, SC. It is where anyone can go in and get "The World's FINEST BBQ", cooked in the finest of SC traditions. The only problem eating there is you can't find food as good ANYWHERE else. No alcohol served though, just BBQ and Iced Tea.

The brothers that own it are both Deer hunters and one also does Taxidermy. Plenty of excellent mounts adorn the walls, as if the BBQ didn't make your mouth water enough.

Near the end of one Season I'd finally killed a 12-pointer I'd been trying to get for over a month. A lovely Doe ended up drawing him into sight, but the understory prevented a shot for 45min.

Finally they had their romantic encounter and he made a mistake. He eased up to the edge of that set of woods across the field from me Flemming the air. I believe he was just smelling where she had been, but it got him into a slightly clear position.

Carried the antlers into Antley's and set them on a table while I went to get some food. Lots of folks piled around checking them out by the time I got back. Lots of ooohing, aaahing and questions about "Now, just where were you?"

The brothers heard and saw there was some kind of commotion, so here they came. Needless to say the one that does the Taxidermy work told me to bring it on over with the cape and he would fix it up.

Then I got to do something I'd been wanting to do for a couple of years, told him I'd decided not to go with a regular full mount - it was only a 12-pointer! Big Grin

Nearly got tossed out by the regulars!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Back when I wasn't afraid to get my tail kicked there was (still is) a little bar across the river that we used to frequent.

Jeez, looking back now, I am not sure how I avoided getting my tail kicked in that place.

Ah, the memories ...

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Nothing like coming back from a long day in the mountains and heading over to the Delta Delta Delta sorority for a little R&R after the hunt... thumb

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote