Notify
Tools

New Mexico Mule Deer hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
Mule Deer:
We have large ranches in two units on New Mexico. These are all privateland hunts, the tags are available over the counter. In order to make this hunt more affordable the outfitter has agreed to do some of them semi-guided. The trophy quality of these ranches is superb. I had three clients who hunted here last year who had such a good hunt, they reserved all 10 spaces during one of the seasons for 2003.

Here is what we have left.

These Deer are huge, but not everyone will connect. Almost always a guy will get one chance at a true trophy.

3-day semi-guided Mule Deer Hunt $1400
New Mexico tax - $87
Deer License $206
Accommodation and semi-guided support provided.
Dates: November 11-13

3-day Guided Mule Deer hunt $1850
New Mexico Tax - $115
Deer license - $206
Dates: November-3
Guiding, accommodation and all meals included

5-day Muzzleloader semi-guided Mule Deer hunt $1600
New Mexico Tax - $99
Deer License $206
October 25-29
Accommodation, semi-guided support included

Please call or send an e-mail if you have any interest in any of these hunts.

[ 02-14-2003, 07:06: Message edited by: Buffalobwana ]

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wndell, You have PM.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Thanks 375fan. I had a couple messages. I seldom ever read them. I have replied to you and Razorback on PM's.

There are still spaces available. It is a darn good hunt with very nice people.

I have a detailed description along with references ready to e-mail to anyone who is interested.

This is not a 100% success hunt, but it is a good hunt for someone who has taken a few Mulies and wants an honest chance at a monster. They are here. Call all of my references, let them be the ones to convince you. This is a trophy hunt, but not a hunt for someone who can not shoot well, or someone who can not afford to come home empty handed.

You will not beat the price either. [Wink]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, you have another PM.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
You can call me today toll free at 866 209-7346 or tomorrow on my cell phone 214 692-8769

one of us
posted Hide Post
What does "semi-guided" mean for this hunt?

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You have me slobbering! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make a hunt like this until I can retire. I'm hoping that will be within three years, and with luck, this year. Hopefully there will be hunts available then.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Semi-guided means there will be guides around camp. They take the hunters out for a day, essentially guiding them for a day or two. They are there to answer any questions, keep them seperated (100,000 + acres, not too dificult since there is a max 10 guys on the hunt).

They are there to help retreive any downed game if necessary. They make sure everyone knows the terrain, the boundaries, the deer hotspots etc.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I found a couple pictures of hunters from this ranch.

-

Al Gore shot a nice Mulie here as well.

-

Ok, so it's not Al Gore. The original hunter asked that his face not be used so ... well .... its the best I could do.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Buffalobwana, what area of NM are these ranches located? I'm curious because I hunted in SW NM in 99, in the Virden area near the AZ border, and didn't see many deer. The pictures are of good bucks, especially Gore's buck; I know he shot many whitetails growing up on the farm in Tennessee, er, the Ritz-Carlton in DC...

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
These aranches are between Ft. Sumner and Santa Rosa.