New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show us your Does
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Though I'm interested in Trophies, I really think that shooting does is very important. Locally we have way too many whitetails. Many of them are urban.

Here is a pic of the doe I shot no more than 3 hrs ago just outside of city limits. Distance was about 125 yards with my Savage 300WSM shooting 165gr interbond over 65.2grs of AA4350.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would, but I missed. Once yesterday, three times tonight with my bow. I have not kept up with my practicing in season. I should be butchering right now. At least I git a years worth of missing done early.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are some from last year.

My grandson Jacob on his 12th birthday with his first deer. He used my Kimber Montana in 260 Rem.

Nice tasty axis doe. Shot in the neck so as to waste as little meat as possible. Hello backstraps

Great break in for this ruger hawkeye in 257 bob
Made for tasty jerky!

My oldest son with his sako 280 ackley and a blackbuck antelope doe. The backstraps and hinds make great jerky.

We typically take does first before we take bucks.

I had hoped to have one down by now but due to family problems I have only been bow hunting once, and arrowed two hogs, but no deer.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote