New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunshops in Colorado?
 Login/Join

<Antonio>
posted
I will be hunting from October 16 to 25 in Colorado, and I would appreciate it if somebody would tell me about good gun- and outdoor shops in the Denver area.

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

one of us
posted Hide Post
Antonio,

Looks like you are hunting the same season as I am for Elk. What exactly are you looking for in a gun shop. There are many here. Email me kevin@dekold.com.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Antonio:
Dave Sullivan of Westwind Rifles. 640 Briggs St., Erie, Co.; ph 313)828-3823 is an excellent gunsmith. Specializes in match grade rifles, but does sporter work as well.

He built two match rifles for me and they both shoot very well! Several friends had rifles re-barreled there and were quite happy with the results, as well.

Have a great hunt.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
R.E.I. (camping and outdoor wares)has a nice store in the downtown Denver area and there is Sportmen's Warehouse in Aurora which is a large store for hunting and fishing gear. Dean's Firearms in Lakewood is my favorite gun store that has friendly sales people without the shitty attitude that alot of gun stores have. If you flyfish Anglers All in Littleton is very good.

Posts: 16 | Location: Golden, Co | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hate to tell you Losthwy, but Deans is going out of business. I guess Dean is retiring. It was the only place I could ever find real black powder.

Sportsmans Warehouse is a mini Cabelas. In Aurora, but also Loveland and Grand Junction.
Lots of mom and pop places to purchase a gun, even Wal-mart can get you on paper.
I have a personal dislike for Garts as their hunting related items seem to shrink every year and service sucks unless you are looking for skis.

Posts: 165 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
all the old shops in the Denver area are closing up faster than full outhouses. Wards closed last year...Deans says they lost their lease. If you are up the Boulder turnpike stop at Flatirons mall ...they have a Galyans (spell)actually like a mini Cabelas. Most of the Garts are phasing out guns and nobody that works in those knows anything about them anyway. Anymore gun shows are the only way I get powder and primers.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What area of Denver will you be staying in, as the Denver-metro area is quite vast.Green Mountain Guns in Lakewood on s. Kipling and Jewell is one of the nicer shops in town, very well stocked and good prices too. Gun Barrel trading post on n. Kipling ant 38th ave. is my favorite and Gunsmoke gunsmithing on 36th and Wadsworth is a good shop for pistolsmithing but has to-high pricing on retail items. Deans has everything, especially for BP but the prices are a little on the high side. Colorado Gunworks is one of the newer shops but is well stocked. On the south east side Dave's Guns is an old stand by although I've not been there. While not gun related Rocky Mountain Specialty gear is a fine archery shop and has an excellent optics and cutlery selection. Finally, The Gun Room on 15th and Carr in Lakewood is worth the trip if for nothing else to admire the vast collection of arms the owner has on dislpay.

Here is a link where other shops can be found.

http://www.cssa.org/members_business.html

[ 09-10-2003, 03:10: Message edited by: DavidReed ]

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Antonio>
posted
Thanks very much guys for all the good info...

I�ll be arriving with two friends in Denver by plane on the evening of Oct 16th and we will be picked up by 2 American (from PA...) hunting buddies there. We will overnight near the airport and we plan to drive up to unit 35 on the next day to hunt mule-deer until Oct 24th.

We would probably like to buy some things like boots, socks, maglites, etc. and also get some elk licenses in a gun or outdoor shop without driving to much or too far. We won�t need guns or ammo, as our friends will have taken care of that and we will not be travelling with guns.

Antonio

one of us
posted Hide Post
Antonio,

Sportsmens Wharehouse located on I-225 and Alemeda Avenue will be you best bet. It is relatively close to DIA and will have everything you are looking for.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My favorite gun shop is closing ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh s$$t! What a damned shame. Nice folks there. Now where do I go? Can not stand that Green Mtn place.

Posts: 16 | Location: Golden, Co | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
<Antonio>
posted
Thanks guys...

Antonio