New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non climibing tree stands
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any recommendations for a sturdy, quiet, roomy tree stand for 1 person that does not harm the tree?

Any recommendations for safety harnesses?

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
API or Summit. I think both make lock-on style stands. I use Gorilla but only because they went on sale for less than half price a few years ago so I bought 8. They weigh only 9lbs, are sturdy, but not roomy.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Summit

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am 6'3" tall and weigh 245. ( I am trying to lose a little) I use Summit or Gorilla stationary stands and Summit climbers. Never had a problem

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Don,

I don't know if you can get them there, but we use a company here in Houston called Key Hunting Products. They make AWESOME stands. We use their KT-30 Tree Stands, KL-17 Ladder Stands, and KP-10 Pods (tripod with 4 legs). They are very well made and super comfortable with 360 degree swivel chairs on all these models. In my opinion, they are the best stands of this type on the market.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I know where to start some research now! dancing

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
If you want to go loc-on and you intend on leaving it in an area for a while, I would suggest Gorilla King Kong or the biggest Summit or API you can get. I'm 6-3 235 and the little loc-ons are down right dangerous. I like Summit's Harness and I'm pretty sure it comes w/ all of their stands.

If you want an cheap but descent loc-on, Wal-mart sells a big loc on that is very similar to the King Kong.

Climbing sticks are the way to go there are a variety of brands and the cheap ones work just as well IMO.

Ameristep makes some good lean up stand if that's what you're after.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
http://homepages.apci.net/~johnb/GuidosOutdoors/

Check this out. I just got my web today but I have several friends using them that love this stlye of stand. You are not limited to straight trees with few limbs, they are very comfortable and you can use the tree as a shooting rest. One of my friends killed a whitetail doe at 525 yds last week in one of these stands. I have another friend (pictured on the website) that weighs 312 pounds soaking wet who also uses this stand. You can use climbing spikes or in your case may prefer to use climbing stick(portable strap-on ladder-Cabelas). Good Luck, Kelly

I have no interest in this company, just passing info!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote