Find
Notify
Tools

Oink, Oink........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Ronnie and I went hunting last weekend in one of our honey holes. The temps were nearly 80 so we didn't have much hope but, it was the last weekend of the two week rifle season in that area. Saturday evening Ronnie had a nice 1.5 year old 5pt mingling around his stand when he all of the sudden spooked and out steps this guy.

7 Wea Mag w/ a 140 Nosler Partition quartering away at 60 yards. Bullet impacted torward the back of the ribs and exited right behind the shoulder and through the thick shield on the off side. Large entrance and tiny exit. DRT with a couple of twitches.

He tipped the scales at 225 and had some nice cutters. Talk about sharp, these bad boys could definitely do some damage.

I quartered him and took him in to the packing house for some sausauge. We usually don't keep boars, but this one had something wrong with his testicles(Unusually small) and didn't have a rank smell at all so I told Ronnie I'd keep him if he didn't want him. Should make some fine pan sausage.

Ya'll have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Reloader -- that's a good hog! Congratulations!! He would make a good mount -- BIG cutters!

You should post this on the hog hunting forum -- the hog hunters would love to see it......

clap

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Whitworth, He would have made a great full shoulder mount, but the $600 the tax wanted was a little too steep. I do skull mounts on pigs and deer and Ronnie is going to have me do this one. They come out really nice.

He is a nice one for sure, that area is surrounded by cropland and produces some giant piggies much larger than this guy at times. We've thinned them down and hardly ever see them now, which is exactly how we want it as they destroyed our property alittle over a decade ago. The local farmers and game and fish were able to finally get them under control.

Have a Good One

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
That is one nice hog!!!

Congrats,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
That is a nice slab of bacon.

I really need to go shoot some hogs in TX. I have a friend that lives there and said to come down anytime....I need to do just that.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Piggie! Congratulations.

Hoping to get back to South Texas in January. Would love to have this kinda luck.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
NICE hog!!!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote