THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i was wondering how or what to clean mold off an alaknak tent? anyone had this unfortunate experiance?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check what the tent fabric composition is, then have a look at the various domestic cleaning agents - the ones for cleaning shower curtains.

Providing the mold has not 'eaten' in the fabric's integrity, it is only a surface affect, I think you should be ok.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if the fabric is bleach safe use a solution of 1.5-2 oz of bleach to a gallon of water and scrub. Rinse well.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Simple Green is the best cleaner I've ever used. Might give it a try.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't use bleach. I use to work at Cabela's and I've seen what happens when these tents are put away wet. There is a better way to clean them.

McNett Corporation makes a product called Myrazyme, an enzyme based cleaner. Works really well on mold/mildew and a lot of other things, pet stains, spillled milk, stinky waders etc. You just dillute with water and dump/spray/wipe it on, and let it do its thing, no rinsing or anything. You can get it at just about any scuba shop, or find a place that sells it at mcnett.com.

Posts: 54 | Location: Newport, WA-Susanville, CA | Registered: 04 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar will neutralize the mold, then use something like Dow Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. I used this to clean the inside of my Jeep softtop.

Wherever you go, there you are!

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote