THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    My Dad's and my Wyoming antelope 2004...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Dad's and my Wyoming antelope 2004...
 Login/Join

posted
We had scouted the area that we were hunting all last summer and we knew there were tons of bucks over 14" and several over 15".

We got up at 3am to drive to Wyoming for the opener to try and get our bucks that morning. After hiking out to where we thought some antelope would be at 7:00 we saw the 15" buck with big prongs that I had wanted. I snuck within 75 yards and dropped him with a single shot to the spine. He measured an even 15" on both horns with 6 1/4" and 6 1/2" prongs.

My dad has this thing for wide pronghorns. He loves to get the widest one that he can find, no matter what length it has. At 10 o'clock we found the +16" wide bruiser that we had found once last july. My dad started hiking off towards where he was with his herd of 30 does. at around 100 yards the buck stopped and stood broadside for my dad. He shot and dropped it with a single broadside shot. He measured 15 1/2" and 15 1/4" long and was 16 3/4" wide! Sadly, his prongs where only 3 1/2" each, but my dad didn't care! His buck has some amazing mass that stays with it all throughout. Also, his has two nubs of horn that are seperate from everything else one behind each horn! We didn't get pics of it though! When they get back from the taxi I will post pics of them.

His is on the left and mine is on the right.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sir_huntsalot: Congratulations to you and your dad on the very successful Hunt! A couple of fine trophies you have there! I am looking forward to the Montana opener and my own Hunt soon!
Many happy returns of your Hunt together!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote