New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Tech Custom Rifles...
 Login/Join

<David Boren>
posted
Anyone have anything to say about these rifles? I have heard they offer many left hand rifles, and my brother being left handed, I thought Id do a little research. I can't find their website. Any help would be great.

<JOHAN>
posted
I have a buddy in USA that is lefty. He got a High tech rifle built on McBros action that shoots like a house on fire.

The rifles are built on quality parts as far as I know.

Good Luck

JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gunsmith Mark Bansner makes what he calls the "High Tech" stock and his web-site is at
www.bansnersrifle.com

I believe I have a brochure at home that I picked up at SCI from a 'smith with a company also called High Tech Rifles...not sure but will check. Their rifles were quite nice, as are Bansner's, and they had a variety of styles from sheep rifles to dangerous game rifles...McMillan stocks, Rimrock stocks, laminated stocks and some really beautiful wood stocks.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a good look at D'Arcy Echols from Utah.

Posts: 935 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Found the brochure...."High Tech Customs" in Colorado Springs, Co. and their web-site is
www.htcustoms.com

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David, you think Troy sucks? Try moving away. particularly to another state. Grew up (or say they say) in Montana, Glendive (now talk about sucking), Bozeman and Thompson Falls. Wish I could get back.

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
<David Boren>
posted
Okay, picture a trash dumpster that a bear just knocked over and took a huge SH-crap in. Now picture a population of 3-to-1, dirt-chicken-to-civilian. The most traveled street is bar street. The town has nothing to do. I am 17 and cant find a job here for my life. So I cant afford insurance, so my dad wont let me get my driver's lisence... yes, TROY SUCKS! For a 17 year old, the only entertainment is sneaking out at night and running from the cops when they see you out past curfew, that and paintball are my only means of entertainment. But at least the overwhelming number of dirt-chickens makes the majority of the population pro-gun so most people dont care when Rob and I are out harassing inocent vermine of the forest with our .22s and shotguns.

Oh and thanx for High Tech's website.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had High Tech Custom guns in Colorado Springs put a muzzle brake on a gun of mine. They were very friendly and kept me updated on the work. They were always willing to answer questions and help me out. I am thinking about having them build me a custom gun now. Thanks hope this helps.

Posts: 156 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave

I always tell my young nieces and nephews that I love Montana for exactly the same reasons they hate it. I fled TO here, bought an old beater truck and am trying to fit in. Count your blessings, lad! Give me the chickens over city people any damn day!

Redial
Surly curmudgeon

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 High Tech Custom rifles. One is a 300 Win Mag and the other is 375 Weatherby. Both will shoot sub MOA and will give all the velocity that you would ever expect. Rich Reilly the owner is currently rebarreling a Kimber to 338-06 A-Square for me and I expect that it will shoot very well.
He also has tweaked a couple of rifles for me and and made them shoot great as opposed to so-so.

Rich does a complete job in the time frame that
he initially gives. We've all heard the repeated refrain of "It will be done next week or next month etc". None of that with Rich.

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Boren:
Now picture a population of 3-to-1, dirt-chicken-to-civilian. The most traveled street is bar street. The town has nothing to do. I am 17 and cant find a job here for my life.

Please excuse a stupid question from an eastern urban flatlander ... what's a "dirt-chicken"?

A friend of mine who's lived in 14+ states has noticed a general rule: "You can never make money anywhere really pretty." However, he works in construction -- so usually where you can make big bucks is a place where the countryside is getting pushed back.

And BTW the big complaint in all the small western towns I've visited where things are thriving? "Too many damn new people moving here from California/Seattle/Texas."

Go away to college or the military or both and I'll betcha within 10 years you'll wish you were back.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Rimrock>
posted
I had a real bad experience with Bansner. He built me a 300 Dakota on a 'pre-64 M70 action. The whole experience was an unmitigated fiasco, which took well over two years to finally get straightened out.
I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
If you want the gory details, I've got 'em saved in a Word file & will send them to you. It's a LONG story.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Chic, I've worked in Glendive for the BNSF. I don't know about living there for a long time, but even for a guy who was only there for a couple weeks there wasn't much to do. "Course, I grew up in a whole series of little armpit towns, so I can't say much. Take care - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote