THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Low Fenced Texas Whitetails Last Weekend

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low Fenced Texas Whitetails Last Weekend
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
A bunch of us hunted on a ranch up in Menard County, Texas this weekend. We took a few bucks and several does for freezer meat.

Bob

My buck, not too big, not too small.

Mrs. F's buck.

Our group. We met at Burnham Bros. Game Calls in Menard before heading out to camp.

This is a shot of the terrain on the ranch.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,
I'd say thats a good lookin' hill country buck.
And as always, great pix.

but

details, Bob, details!!!!! (when you get the time)
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Nice bucks Bob. Congrats

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Bob, great deer. I've hunted near Paint Rock. Those deer are heavier with more mass than those I usually see in the Hill Country. Nice bucks.

On another point, you and I have something in common -- beautiful wives as hunting partners. Yours is stunning. Here's mine with a buck she took a couple weeks ago near Fredericksburg.

Congratulations!! RREESE

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
RREESE,

Mrs. F is not my wife. She is the wife of another member, but you are correct, she is stunning, as is yours.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Bob-

That's a DANDY buck, and it looks like you all had a great weekend over there. thumb

But hey, how could it possibly be anything but GOOD when you start out by meeting at a place like Burnham Brothers???

I'd bet a dollar to a dime I know what bullet you used, so how about a little terminal performance info? Smiler

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
RReese-

Tell your wife congrats. That's a very nice buck! thumb

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Bobby,

Yep, I had the 7mm-08 loaded with the 140 gr. TTSX. He ran 30 yards......

Pass through, devasting internal performance.

Bob

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Bob-

Thanks! Glad to hear it.

If the wind dies down, I am going to go after the hogs again in the morning, and I'll probably be carrying my little 7mm Bullberry loaded with the 120 grain TTSXs.

As much as I did not care for the original X and even the TSX, the TTSX is making a believer out of me in the smaller calibers with moderate-capacity cases.

The TSX does very well in the .30 caliber and over numbers but was far from perfect in the smaller bores. But the more cavernous hollow point coupled with the delrin tip in the TTSX seems to have made lower-velocity impact results more predictable -- not to mention more potent.

Thanks again for the info.

Bobby

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ