Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Remembering the Good Old Days
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

I'll take the "Good ole Days" anyday to the present.Hunting was much better and Hunting pressure was almost nill.Any place in the State was Either Sex anything all in one hunt.Now we still do have that in one area but it is slowly going away.

I never saw Orange painted tree's(Private property)but now there everywhere and for good reason from the idiots shooting Cattle and Horses as Elk on private land.The 4x Weaver and Redfield were great scopes and worked just fine.The 30-30 and .300 Savage killed Elk without a verbal beating.Factory ammo worked like a charm and you could build a Horse Trailer for under 500 Dollars.Honda 90's and Yamaha 80-Step thru's were second only to the "ToteGoat" for packing out game and getting back in to your spot if you didn't have Horses.Now 4-wheelers are everywhere at 5,000 bucks or more each(New).

It's the old days for me.Much simpler and more productive.There's rules for everything it seems now as Hunters cruise the roads-Road Hunting in there $35,000 Dollar trucks..I remember my folks buying there 3 Bedroom House in the Country Club Manor(Boise Idaho) for $15,000. dollars.

Times sure have changed............

Jayco.

Ok you guys may laugh but would someone please discribe to this young whipper-snapper just what these historic ATVs (Honda 90, Yamaha 80 stepthrough, and a "tote goat") look like? Or maybe even a picture? Don't worry I do know what a horse looks like

Posts: 87 | Location: eastern Nebraska | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Honda Trail 90

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey, thanks for the pics!!! That thing looks like a lot of fun!

Any one have pics of the other machines mentioned?

Posts: 87 | Location: eastern Nebraska | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
Quote:

there is one thing that all my old memories have in common..."the older i get...the better i was!"

Ain't it the truth.

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was alway's this good

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote