New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lake Chelan
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone ever hunt the Lake Chelan area? My Father hunted elk when he lived there many years ago and I would like to take him back before he can no longer go. I looked for outfitters in the area but came up empty. He used to run his boat to the horth end of the lake and hunt from there. I sure would be greatful for any help.

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
There have been many fires in the area in the last 5 years. Many of the areas that used to hold deer, don't anymore. Because it's so high, it will be awhile before some areas have deer again. I was in there 3 years ago and it was a total bust. However, that's big country, and it hasn't all burned. So do some searching and you may be able to find areas that are holding bucks.

I don't of any outfitters by name, but there are some that go in there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You say elk, but I assume you mean deer. I will not say there are no elk in that area, because I would be wrong.
There are just way more deer.JB is right, some of it has burned and left some outfitters scrambling.
I have backpacked a good bit in the area and it is beautiful country. Some of the areas I use to hunt have burned,but there is tons of it left.
You can get a list of outfitters at the dfw sight
www.wa.gov/wdfw/

Posts: 133 | Location: Bothell,Wash | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats what I'm finding out. Seems things have changed since the late 60's. Thanks guys

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact Customstox as he hunts and lives in that area.

cworthing@charter.net

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Howard, I'll do that.