Find
Notify
Tools

WY Applications are out
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted
I got my NR Wy application booklet in the mail today. Thinking about cashing my preference points in on moose tag this year. Good Luck to all who apply. CB

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Hope I get mine soon. Thanks for the heads up. We'll be putting in for antelope only as far as I know.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Nevermind. Wife was reading over my shoulder, walked away, came back and handed me mine. Said she told me it was here the other day. I don't recall her saying that. She said it's due to my selective hearing.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ColoBob-how many points are you carrying? I've am 6 for moose and sheep.

My wife is at 3 for each.

Thanks and have a super day

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I've got 6 points. Unit I'm thinking of is #23. Last year 1 hunter got a tag with 8, 2 with 7 points & 3 with 6 points. 3 hunters with 6 points didn't draw. So, I'm thinking I MAY have a decent shot with 6. CB

I've no points for sheep----I do that here in Colorado. Long odds for a NR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob -best of luck to you, I am in the middle of a new career so I won't do anything but send for points again.

Hope you draw and if you do I would like to go to school on what you learn, if you don't mind.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am going to pass this year. Due to no snow and so many roads closed into areas I usually hunt I will just spend my money elsewhwere.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey rict300-I am kind of curious but what are you talking about?

Thanks

Mark D

one of us
posted Hide Post
I many of the areas I have hunted in years past the roads I used to get into the areas have been closed to make it easier for the outfitters that have horses. So the outfitters can camp at the state built campgrounds and have property that used to be easy access to all of us for themselves.

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick, could you share with us what those "general" areas are? I've seen similar happen close to Durango. But, in hindsight, those 2 areas were really getting crowded and easy access was the cause as is most always.

Hauling hosses is a pain for sure.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just read my booklet, do I have it right but the cost of points went up to like $75 and $100???

Make it your best day

Mark D

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
You are correct. $75 for a moose point $100 for a sheep

one of us
posted Hide Post
How about Elk hunting area's 93, 86 and 87 these are north and west of Pinedale and Daniel's junction. The Game and Fish dept. has become a rip off and welfare for the wolves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man that is a bit of a jump...guess it might slow it down a bit and yet they will make out like a bandit...

Mark D