New
Find
Notify
Tools

First day Wisconsin turkey season
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For me what a bust super hard winter most likely lot of winter kill.

Haven't seen a gobbler at all a few hens.

Lots of snow on the ground in this part of the state. Went out at day light nothing at all.

Major snow storm coming in 6 to 12 inches on the way started snowing hard at 7am.

Its been one heck of a winter and still coming.

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which county are you hunting in? I hunt down in Rock, and drive by the property I hunt every day. Our snow is all gone, but I am not yet seeing birds out srtutting in the fields as I normally would by now. The birds are there (we didn't get nearly as deep a snow cover as the counties north of Hwy 8) but it seems like they just aren't yet "in the mood." I have a couple weeks until I hunt, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Posts: 570 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sawyer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowing like a bitch here.No signs of Turkeys.I got a third season tag so might luck out with the weather but am not counting on it.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be hunting zone 3 in Wood County…No birds on trail cameras yet. Should have em figured out by the time my dates come around in May. I hope!

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Sawyer

Ouch! Much snow up there!!

Posts: 570 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
about 8 inches of fresh stuff still falling hard
10 inches of old stuff in the woods some field were just melting off covered now

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother lives in Douglas County. He says maybe 12-15"in the land of Lake Siberia and perma frost…lol

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not that far from him

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boy, I definitely feel sorry for you guys up north!!

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
We got maybe 3" of wet snow in Minneapolis over freezing rain, my buddy in Duluth reports 8" of snow. Hope it thaws soon.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote