New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting, or Anticipation?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Which is the better part of this sport? The actual hunting, or the time spent anticipating the hunt?

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Roger
I just lived a life long dream to hunt dall sheep...
The livin' beats the anticipation ten fold.It was everything I read/dreamed it would/could be and more.

Stone sheep next!

Jeff confessed sheepaholic

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Theres nothing wrong with a little foreplay

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HankinColorado
posted Hide Post
Definitely the planning, preperation, and anticipation...

The hunt is the memorable part, but not the end-all, be-all. If I happen to harvest an animal, great. If not, ah well...

Hank

Posts: 225 | Location: Colorado Springs USA | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I like the living it part, my favorite is shooting the animal and then when it's down on the ground and you get to admire it, touch it, see where your bullet hit, etc. After that, my next favorite part is sitting in my (starting to become) trophy room with a good book and looking up at the beautiful animals that adorn my walls. I enjoy my mounts on the wall, but they would mean nothing to me without the story behind them. Waiting for the hunt, well. . . I sure wish it went a lot faster.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote