Notify
Tools

Re: Bullet course change
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry I have to say this........... that's a tough way to put lead in your pencil.......

Daaaan, Thaaaat's Baaaaad.

No, That's hard! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 180gr Nosler Partition from a 06 take a 90 degree turn on a cow moose. The shot was to my left quartering on at approx. 15 yards and was a bit far back. The path cut through the offside lung and out just before the shoulder. A friend took a shot as it ran off. When we looked at the path, we both thought he got it, but as we skinned it, we found two bullet holes. We each fired once, mine hit where I was aiming as did my buddies; in the neck, just behind the head.

Turok

Posts: 219 | Location: Prince George, B.C | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, my brother-in-law shot a wounded, running whitetail deer in the hind quarter with a 180 grain round nose bullet (I seen to remember that it was jacketed up to the end, with a flat end of exposed lead - not your average core-lokt bullet)that deflected off the pelvis and wound up at the inside of the knee joint. We found the bullet when skinning the deer, and it was mostly undeformed.

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote