THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Is this an ethical way to harvest a whitetail buck......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this an ethical way to harvest a whitetail buck......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
sorry, can't figure out how to transfer pics....here's the link

whitetail wreck

This happened near Brookhaven, Miss on I-55. Driver and passenger had only minor injuries.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
They need to move up to a tougher projectile if they want to ensure a clean kill next time. A little more velocity may be in order, too. Big Grin

Seriously, though, those antlers came mighty close to providing a free lobotomy. Hope those folks were OK.

Thanks for posting this.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Years ago a friend of mine was riding back from Klamath Falls on Hwy 97 with his Dad and one of his Dad's business partners. (Hwy 97 is nortorious for deer strikes)
They were blazing along in his Dad's then new '70 or '71 Pontiac Gran Prix (Type SJ no less) when they hit a deer. He told me his Dad was probably going 80-90 MPH.

The deer pushed in the front of the hood a little, and smashed the very top of the windshield.
It hit he hood and the windshield and went right over the top, bing, bang, flop-flop-flop!

After walking around the car to assess the damage, his Dad put his hands on his hips and said, "Sh*t!"
He got back in the car and continued to drive back to Eugene without saying another word about it.

Things could have been very different if the car hadn't been so low to the ground and built like a tank.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pushbar on the front of my compact pickup truck.

It isn't there for pushing vehicles

It isn't there for deflecting brush.

It is there to keep deer out of my $160 A/C condenser
and my $135 HD radiator.

Not to mention my $95 plastic grille.

I consider the driving lamps mounted to that pushbar to be sacrificial lambs because on average a deer strike destroys
1.5 driving lights.

I have 14 Kills with that truck (target rich environnment)
But the worse dammage I've ever taken and the scariest event from striking an animal was NOT hitting a deer, but rather hitting a wild turkey (hen) in November of 2007.

IT was FLYING at the time and my truck took the hit on the drivers side of the windshield as I was rapidly decelerating through 70mph in an effort to avoid it...

It fortunatly did not come entirely through the windshield

But I am forever grateful that I hadn't taken my sunglasses off even though the light was beginning to fade....
Pices of my windshield were actually embedded in my face
and my glasses were ruined. Better that than my eyes....

I will no longer drive without some sort of eyewear

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote