THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    "B&C Class" Deer -- Pictures?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"B&C Class" Deer -- Pictures?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
I was looking at one of Ray Atkinson's deer hunts in Texas -- and accidentally discovered it's semi-affordable!!! The hunt is for "Class B Management Bucks" of "120 gross B&C with 8 or less points." Do any of you have pictures you could post of what a "120 gross B&C" deer looks like???????? I mean, I grew up in Illinois -- no one was talking "B&C" when I was growing up, you just heard people talking about 10-pointers or 12-pointers, et cetera. Hey, I'm not proud, "8 or less points" would be just hunky-dory with me.

I guess I'll have to hit the Texas site and see what NR licenses are running these days.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the deer I killed this past season.
 -
It is a 10 point and scored 125 (gross). I 125 class 8 point would be a very nice deer.

Posts: 160 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Russ, non-resident Texas license is $250. It comes with: Turkey tags, Whitetail tags and Mule Deer tags.

As you can see from Mike's picture, a 120 class Whitetail is nothing to scoff at, it is a very nice respectable deer. Most people would be very happy with such a deer.

[ 06-14-2002, 21:30: Message edited by: Buffalobwana ]

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,

Here is my buck from Nov. 2000. Net scored 115 3/8

Now keep in mind, this wasn't one of them puny Texas deer. This Canadian big boy dressed to 185 lbs. [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Easy now, [Wink] Not all of Texas Deer are puny. This is usually limited to the deer that come out of central Texas. They are small and there are a bunch of 'em too. Go to far South Texas and North Texas and I will show you a big deer.

It is not uncommon for my Panhandle deer to dress 165 lbs. This is a mature Panhandle buck.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buffalobwana:
As you can see from Mike's picture, a 120 class Whitetail is nothing to scoff at, it is a very nice respectable deer. Most people would be very happy with such a deer.

Exactly my feelings too, Wendell. Thank you for providing the Texas NR license fee. At $250, that's WAY more reasonable than Iowa's $321 this year, up from $308 last year, up from "just" $150-something the year before. Iowa is getting pretty cocky. In Illinois and Iowa, you're not allowed to use centerfire rifles... so I've been hunting in Wisconsin whenever possible. Texas, then, would be another nice alternative. I'd just have to figure in travel costs, but you're sure right, such "management" deer aren't exactly disappointing -- not to me, anyway.

Thanks for the pictures, guys. It helps me get an idea of the type of deer offered on Ray's hunt.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Eric Leonard>
posted
gross 131  - gross 121  -

<Eric Leonard>
posted
and 142  -

one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have some whitetail that would go 200 plus B&C if you got real lucky and they will tip the old scale at over 200 from time to time, just puny Texas deer you know.... or how about a mule deer that takes everyones breath away at 233-1/2 B&C that toped the scale at 261 lbs as I recall...I have a photo if someone would like to see this monster of all Mule deer but someone would have to volenteer to post it, I have not clue how to do that.

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Ray, if you email the photo to me I will post it for you.

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's done Ann, sent you the Mule Deer and he is absolutly beatifull...There are more just like him but it ain't no crap shoot, they get that big being pretty smart and the terrain he is in is to his advantage..Now all I need is a young tough wealthy hunter and boy, that is a combo hard to find..

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Here's Ray's mulie photo. Did the lady get this one? Very nice deer, wow, what a monster!

-

Another shot...

-

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,
Thank you very much for posting this deer for this computer ig old man...

BTW I have two permits on the ranch next to the one where this buck was shot and there are some of these big boys there also, but make no mistake it is a hunt that seperates the men form the boys.

Cost: $3000.00 on your own, $4000 with guide and $4500 with guide, meals and everything furnished. but I don't know anyplace, including Mexico that has deer like this ranch..The Mexico deer are now $11,000 I hear and about the same odds...wow! and they are getting it.