New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver T6 for hunting?
 Login/Join

<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
I am thinking of putting a Weaver T6 scope on my 260 rem. Mainly for hunting, some load workup/target shooting. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these scopes for this purpose and what kind of clarity did have in low light situations (dawn, dusk). Thanks,

CAL

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a Weaver T-6 on my 222 Rem. It works fine in low light. Not as good as my Leupolds though but if the light conditions were so pour it would be illegal to shot anyway.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Dan in Wa>
posted
The Weaver K-6 is really a target scope for hunter class benchrest comp. The adj. objective could be a BIA in hunting. The KT-6 is more user friendly in the field. I have one w/target dot on a old Remington 581. The AO adg. are not as precise. FWIW
Dan

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Depends on what reticle you choose. Most of the T6s I have seen use a very fine CH with target dot. It is way too fine for general purpose hunting, especially in low light or brush. In fact, it is pretty hard to see under optimal conditions.

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote