New
Find
Notify
Tools

yukon moose hunt areas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
planning a hunt in the yukon, have a brother that just moved there, and once he gets settled in and has been there long enough we want to get a giant yukon moose, im loooking for a good area to hunt, prefferably without flying in.

thanks chad

one of us
posted Hide Post
fostech,

this information you want,

What is it worth to you? [Big Grin]

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well that all depends on what you got , are you a guide or outfitter? are you able to give me specific direction? another question for you? is it legal for me to hunt in the yukon with my brother or do i have to hire a licienced guide?

one of us
posted Hide Post
fostech,

Once your brother has lived here in the Yukon for one calender year he can legally hunt here and he can sponser you as long as you are a Canadian citizen. Sponsering an out of territory resident(has to be a Canadian resident) he can do every three years at a cost of $10.00. You can only be sponsered evry three years. For instance, if you had 3 brothers up here, you can be only sponsered once every three years.
Where you hunt moose in the Yukon largely depends on how you plan on accessing the country. Hunting by horse, quad, river boat, fly-in or truck will dictate where you will hunt.
I do guide hunters for a living. I contract myself out to Outfitters, who own the outfitting consessions.
If I have more info on how you want to hunt, I can help you out. You can E-mail me or have your brother contact me through Yukon Fish and Game Ass.
When you get your moose on the ground, you are not going to believe how big these bulls are.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
for the fisrt couple i think we will stick to areas were we can get to by truck, whats your email address?

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yukoner:
fostech,

this information you want,

What is it worth to you? [Big Grin]

Daryl

hehehehe.

Reminds me of what I tell people that want sheep info...."I've got good info and I've got cheap info -- but there is no good and cheap info!!".

"Quid pro quo" on a decent sheep hunting spot is very dear indeed!

Best of luck, Fostech. YT is a dreamland for sportmen. I've got a Ma and Bro' in Whitehorse. Unfortunately my Bro' only gets 2 weeks holidays per year and his wife won't let him use them for hunting!!!! [Frown]

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote