New
Find
Notify
Tools

Berger Bullets for Hunting??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know that may sound like the old MatchKing for hunting rehash every year beginning with deer season....

But purusing the Berger web site just now, I came across this...

Hunting Bullets

The Berger VLD bullets have been proven to be one of the most lethal bullets available for hunters of small to large, elk sized, game. The VLD design retains velocity and energy as much as 30% more than conventional hunting bullets. Also, the sharp nose of the VLD bullet combined with this higher down range velocity results in just the right amount of penetration. After the bullet penetrates it will expend all of its energy inside the animal creating a massive wound channel that results in humane, one shot kills. It has been proven that if you do not want the animal to run after you shoot it then you need to try the Berger VLD. Also, our match grade materials and manufacturing techniques results in accuracy that allows you to hit where you aim turning your hunting rifle into a 1/2 MOA rifle or better. For video proof of the Berger VLD's lethal results visit www.thebestofthewest.net.

anyone have any experiences to share with this?

cheers
seafire
cheers

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, they worked when we were culling does for a local plantation. I would not, however, use 'em for my serious hunting, when I might run into a wallhanger.

Did have some blow up on the shoulder blade (does), but was fortunate to bring em down with second shots.

Use a more stout bullet for the serious stuff.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote