New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho unit 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone willing to chat about this unit? PM is ok.

I've got close friends that moved to this area so I'm going to look at hunting it for whitetail this coming season.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Get your ass out there in Summer and scout
Whitetail hunting is good in Panhandle as long as you put your time in

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to get out in July to get some ideas. I'm also open to other nearby units.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good whitetail country and big bucks, but you may need access to private land, that can be a problem if you don't know someone..

For Mule deer, Unit 54 out of Twin Falls is the best for Deer and Elk..Hard to draw however. Probably the best big bull elk area in the States..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't come down here.
the last few winters have done the deer in.

I have been eyeballing area 1
I hope to take a trip up there this spring/summer to look things over.
I went over the maps and google last fall and have a couple of areas kind of scouted out that way, but I'm gonna have to strap the pack on and go look for myself.
I know my limitations and need to work within them [shrug] so giving myself time to sort out whether to get a white tail or a Mule tag is only gonna be answered by going and looking at the sort of land available to hunt.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote