Notify
Tools

Re: Wyoming Bighorn Sheep
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Congratulations!

Posts: 19245 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Just returned last night from a great hunt! Photos attached. Will give report in a couple of days. I'm off to Cody to drop off the cape and horns at Nature's Design taxidermy.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking ram! What brand, caliber, weight, rifle did you use? (I need to get a mountain rifle.) How are you going to have him mounted? Sure wish that was me in the photo. Well done.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cold Zero...the application period for sheep in WY runs from Jan. 1-Feb. 28. I am pretty sure that you can get an application online at their web site.

MG

posted Hide Post
4214chip,SBT
Congrats on the sheep guys. 4214chip, did you see any good mule deer in area 5? I drew a 117 deer tag in that same drainage and am looking for any scouting leads that I can get.

Thanks

Posts: 14 | Location: nortwest wyoming | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Junior
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great sheep. It appears to have good, heavy bases and that it carries the mass forward. Should score well. I'll bet you got your 170.

Posts: 56 | Location: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Scott, Congratulations, Hartley

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the hunt; boy the terrain looks nice, as its makin me homesick. Not too many mountains in Iowa. Looking forward to your story.

I hope it was as fun as it looks,
Justin

Posts: 43 | Location: Palmer College of Chiropractic,Iowa | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Weidmannsdank! Thanks all, I had a great time and I appreciate your kind remarks.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Great story and super sheep.

BTW, what .30 caliber cartridge were you using?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
does anyone know the lottery deadline for wy sheep?

one of us
posted Hide Post
SBT: Congratulations! Nice ram.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote