Find
Notify
Tools

Mule Deer Eye Candy
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
I received these pictures today in an email. I included the little description of where these pictures were taken. I cannot comment on the accuracy of the comments. Regardless, these are monsters!!

quote:
The Thiokol Plant (where they make and install the solid rocket fuel for the booster rockets on the shuttle) is located North of SLC and south of Promontory Point. For those who do not remember their 7th grade history, Promontory Point is where the transcontinental railroads meet. (President Grant and the Golden Spike). Thiokol will not allow firearms on the property. As you can see, their policy assures very large antler growth. One of these bucks is well over 40" wide and a 6X7 that is in the 35" range.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Great bucks!

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Josh K.:
WOW!! Great bucks!

+1!!! shocker

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you guys see some of those bucks are photoshopped. Look closely at the area around the really wide bucks antlers. those photos were shown 3 years ago. Smiler)

Posts: 141 | Location: Upstate, New York | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I could say is DAMN

Posts: 529 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The REAL Story---

Photos 1,2,5,6 are all real and are located on the West side of Salt Lake Valley. The plant allows no hunting and they grow some giants.

Photos 3 and 4 are photo shopped.

Photo 4 is a buck named "Fritos". Fritos lived on a military grounds which house chemical weapons. He summered on the military lands and the workers there could feed him Fritos, thus the nickname. In the Fall, the buck would leave the military ground and feed in an adjacent private alfalfa field. Well, Utah has a rut archery hunt about 40 miles from where this buck lived. Some kid shot the buck in November on the private lands and claimed to have killed it in the open area. He was charged with poaching. Fritos was 37" wide.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to another photo. You can see Salt Lake in the back ground:

http://www.moosehollowoutdoors.com/deerpictures.html

Just scroll down a little and don't spend all day looking through this guy's site. You just might want to visit.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And here is a real photo of Fritos--

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MC:
And here is a real photo of Fritos--

Man, If I'm ever lucky enough to see a buck of that caliber while hunting, I will probably just stand there mumbling with drool running down my chin.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
MC,

Thanks for the clarification on the photos and the real story behind ole 'Fritos'. Too bad it ended the way it did!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote