Find
Notify
Tools

World Record Mule Deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted
I was e-mail pictures of a monster Mule Deer buck supposedly killed in Mexico. I don't know anything else.

So, who is going to debunk these pictures? Was he killed in a high fence operation? Was the guide ethical? Was the hunter? How much did the hunt cost?
[URL= ] [/URL]

These pictures were not on the B & C Trophy watch page as of 8:00 Monday morning.

[URL= ] [/URL]

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Well, as you can see, I am no expert at posting pics, but that is one huge deer.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Damn!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Double Damn!

GAdeerhunter, put a hard return in between the url's for the pictures and they will post vertically.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2257 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
The pictures look funny to me. You can make a buck look much larger than he really is w/ a camera.

Heck of a Buck for sure.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a deer i saw an article in Succesfull Hunter or maybe some other mag about 2 or 3 months ago. It was killed in sonora(SPL) mexico, i'll look for the article tonight when i get home.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
KLM-I am with you've I've seen the buck b4 as well, can't remember the story. If Drummond was around he could set it straight.

It's not the new world record though.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
The buck was killed last year in Sonora Mexico by Jason Gisi. Free ranging, no high fence ranch. 35" wide, scores 221" Typical SCI.
B&C long standing record from Colorado is still intact.
This is one hell of a buck for sure. The article on it came out in May/June of 2005 in the Muley Crazy magazine, Vaquero outfitters were the hunt brokers for this giant buck.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Buck! Anyone have any details on the hunt?
Dave

Posts: 87 | Location: High Above the Timberline | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was also in Sports Afield sometime this summer.
Ryan

Posts: 36 | Location: lubbock,texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a real good buck, but I don't believe he will beat the long standing record Doug Burris took in Delores County Colorado in 1972. His forks are not deep enough. I jut looked at the pictures of the record buck in the 12th edition of the Boone and Crockett record book and the existing record has the following dimensions:

Greatest Spread: 33 2/8
Tip to Tip Spread: 24 5/8
Inside Spread: 30 7/8
Length of main beam Right 30 7/8 Left 28 6/8
Length first point 2 3/8 2 6/8
Length second point 22 4/8 22 3/8
Length third point 14 2/8 14 3/8
Length fourth point 14 6/8 13 6/8
Cirm burr-1st point 5 2/8 5 3/8
Cirm 1st-2nd point 4 4/8 4 4/8
cirm main beam-3rd point 4 0/8 4 1/8
cirm 2nd-4th point 4 2/8 4 4/8

Final Score 226 4/8

I don't thik the buck in to picture has the depth of the forks to beat the world record. But, he is a great buck.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GA DEER HUNTER: You want negative!
Here goes!
I contend that Buck was obviously shot from a vehicle parked in the middle of the road just 200 yards from where that obviously computer enhanced Buck fell!
My evidence is based on the road that shows up clearly in the background of the first two pictures and that fact that only computer enhanced Mule Deer surpass anything I have taken!
Negative enough?
I could dream up some more if thats what you are interested in?
Let me know.
But regardless of your negative spin attempt - I think that is one DREAMER of a Muley!
And I do hope it was taken under fair chase conditions!
If you have inclinations otherwise let us know.
Long live the Mule Deer of North America!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GA DEER HUNTER: Also this - a person can refer to a Big Game Animal as "a world record book Buck"! Which I believe is polite and acepted terminology an animal which ranks in the B&C Records Book listings.
Now if someone told you that the picture which was sent to you is of "THE world record Buck then indeed that Buck would have to listed as #1 in the records book.
Minor point.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker Eeker

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
You would think a buck like that would have been born bullet proof!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The pictures look fishy to me. The lighting on the buck doesn't seem to match that of the hunter and background. Also the lack of blood or any obvious injury to the deer seem strange as well. I think we'll eventually discover that this picture has been photoshopped.

Posts: 132 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac

Although that is a nice buck I have to agree with you. I also believe Doug Burris to be bigger.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or does the edges of the antler look "funny" like it has been "doctored" Not saying it was but things look a little fuzzy. Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mexico does produce some big deer but so does the western states.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
As Snellstrom said, the buck was killed by Jason Gisi in January of 2005. Hard to believe its been almost 2 years. Jason is a GREAT guy, in fact, I could not think of a more deserving hunter. Jason knows what he killed and has a true appreciation for mule deer. The pictures are not doctored in any way, the hunt was on a low fenced ranch in Sonora. I saw this deer briefly at the airport in Hermosillo and can honestly say that the pictures do not do it justice. If I am not mistaken it nets 206" and change on the Boone and Crockett scale, well below the Burris buck.

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for chiming in Drummond

Are you going to FNAWS in SLC?

Thx

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote