THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Any changes on gun cases and airline fees?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any changes on gun cases and airline fees?
 Login/Join

posted
Some airlines, like Delta, have always exempted gun cases from their oversize luggage fees. Others, like American, have just ignored their own regulations and not charged oversize fees for gun cases. With the recent surcharges on luggage has anyone found that airlines have changed their oversize fee exemption policy for gun cases? Obviously the case now costs the surcharge for an extra piece of luggage but are they tacking on to that any additional fees due to the size?

Posts: 27 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JC454, I've flown twice in the past 6 weeks with a rifle in a Pelican case, and it was business as usual. One flight on Delta, one on American, and the return flight was half American and half United--go figure.

I will say that if you wanted to check more than one bag, of any kind, on American it was an extra charge I think $15, but it might have been $25, I only checked my rifle--obviously I guess.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote