THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Blue Light for tracking. Who's done it??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Light for tracking. Who's done it??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
I did all kind of searches on the internet for details about this. Everyone says, yup, you can do it, but no one gives specific info. What EXACTLY does the blood look like under blue light? Anyone ever do this?? I wanted to use my girlfriend's cat for the experiment, but the idea was shot down Wink

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try the new Surefire digital L4 flashlight...dangdest flashlight I have EVER used. Up to now I have used the 35,000 candlepower flashlights (a hundred bucks or better, and heavy as well). No more...The surefire is about as big as a regular sized cigar and is bright as anything you will ever see in the woods. The think that I like about it is that the digital bulb is actually blue light. However, the bulb has a phosphor coating to make it appear white. After I got it, I compared it to my other flashlights and the difference was stunning. Blood just jumps out at you on the ground. In comparing them, the old flashlights appear to be a yellow color that was never evident until I saw the Surefire beam. Amazing product. Again, if you want to try one, make darn sure you get the digital version...that is the one with the mind blowing bluish/white light. Sort of reminiscent of a florescent bulb. Excellent product.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add: next time don't ask permission to experiment on the cat...just do it and explain later!

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blood just jumps out at you on the ground.

What's it look like-how's it show up?

"It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?"
Charles Bronson

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have looked at blood with a blue light, but not tracked.

The blue light reflects off of fluids such that the fluid jumps out of the surounding area. It does not just reflect off of the blood, but all fluids such as rain drops.

By far a bright white light is the best for tracking, but if the blood color matches other things of the same color, use the blue light it you will be able to see the blood better. This is of course if there isn't any rain or dew.

Aaron

Posts: 174 | Location: Utah | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote