New
Find
Notify
Tools

NJ Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, the antis failed in court, and the NJ Bear Hunt commenced this morning with the Firearms Deer season. My neighbor's friend just left the check-in station with a 546 lb Black Bear he took at first light today.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We were talking about that here at the diner on the NY/PA border this morning. We thought perhaps there weren't enough hunters in NJ ! Big Grin
We could send some volunteers to take care of that . BOOM After all the NJ politicians wanted to put up a fence to keep those nasty PA bears out of NJ . wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is NJ in Africa now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was never very good at Geography :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Who are you kidding that is a Pennsylvania bear. He did a George Washington, he crossed the Delaware.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who are you kidding that is a Pennsylvania bear.

Mike, you're probably right....he's a tad small for one of ours!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, record PA bear is 900 lbs - you have bigger ?? Wink
I've seen bears swim across the Delaware ,no challenge at all for them. But that was NY to PA. Who'd want to go to NJ ?
First day NJ take was 200 of the 600 they'd like to take.

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011...mal-rights-protests/

Link with video of a BIG black bear taken.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
<Andrew cempa>
posted
quote:

I particularly enjoyed the anti-bear hunting lady's claim that "hunting bears will not reduce the population". Well, lady, killing them would.

If so, then why is she worried about it?

On the other hand, reality dictates that if you kill just one bear, the population is reduced by one.

The lack of logic, fundamental reason and knowledge of most antis is astounding.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
The antis don't let facts get in their way.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think they just shot the NJ state record yesterday. A little over 800

Posts: 1295 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.nj.com/news/index.s..._over_but_battl.html

Here are some details .776 and 829 lbs , not bad !! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember reading in one of Jack O'Conners books that. He never saw a black the size of a grizzy.

He was sure no bear could go much over 300lbs. I wish he could see the weights coming in now days

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, we got some good ones, from 800+ and several in the 700 lbs range...all within 15 miles of where I live. I'm sure they'll be back whacking my Deer feeders next year as usual!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to put out a tripod feeder during early bow season near Blairstown, but the bears dragged another club member's tripod feeder about 200 yds. the first night it was up. Bought some hanging feeders per plan "B".

Posts: 56 | Location: New Jersey/Wyoming | Registered: 24 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andy you better hang them high and on good strong chain cable ect.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess you guys never saw the video of the fellow who made his bird feeder 'bear proof' !!Strung a cable between two trees and suspended the bird feeder from that. A few days later he saw and videod a bear climbing along the cable to get the feeder !! dancing
In the Adirondacks there is at least one bear that proven it's easy to open 'bear proof' containers ! Big Grin