Notify
Tools

Senate Bill-NTA
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted
Subject: URGENTLY needed help for the future of hunting:

In late 2004 a bill was introduced (S 2978) in the U.S. Senate to totally end nonresident hunting and fishing rights in all the states of the United States of America. The purpose is to authorize states to exclude nonresident hunters and anglers at will and to permit states to charge nonresidents any price whatsoever with absolutely no limit. Some states will raise the license prices so high that only the very wealthy can hunt when and if they can get a license at all.
Fourteen (14%) percent of licensed hunters (two million) hunt out-of-state each year and twenty-six (26%) percent of anglers (nine million) fish out-of-state. The bill would be unfair to more Americans than it favors and it seriously impacts the right of use of federal land managed by the U.S. Government which is half the land in the United States. This bill will terminate any and all nonresident rights of hunting and fishing access on those public lands as well as state and private lands - all lands!
NOW it is imperative that nonresidents let their Senators and Representatives (Companion bill expected) know that they want their rights protected, not abolished. At this time only United States Outfitters, Conservation Force, Dallas Safari Club and African Safari Club have had the guts to try and stop the discrimination against us, the nonresident hunter.
Conservation Force has created the Non-Resident Rights Defense Fund to oppose the legislation. Tax deductible donations can be sent to "Conservation Force's NR Rights Defense Fund". Mail to "Conservation Force" 3900 N Causeway Blvd, Suite 1045, Metairie, LA 70002.
Take a few moments to contact our Senators and urge them to oppose this bill. Their information is as follows:

Jeff Sessions
335 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4124

Richard Shelby
110 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-5744
E-mail: senator@shelby.senate.gov

This is another step in trying to deprive us of our hunting rights. Take the effort to let your voice be heard. We have everything to loose.

Thanks,

Randall Bush
Regional Representative
Region 22
Safari Club International
7059 Pineview Lake
McCalla, AL 35111-4042
(205) 491-4464

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, in the light of recent events, this should solicit some positive comments from inhabitants of Rocky Mountain States in general and Arizona residents in particular... sofa
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Redhawk 1

Do you know who introduced this bill?

Posts: 68 | Location: Jasper Tennessee | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Yes I do. Senator Henry Reid of Nevada.
http://www.huntingreport.com/other_hunting_news.cfm?articleid=48 You can also do a web search for Bill S2978

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of dzpoorjr
posted Hide Post
And yes the Az residents are backing it-which I'm 1-they USO started this and now the residents are going to finish it! Price out the non-residents! Or make it at least real unpleasant for them who wish to hunt real trophies! It may get worse as in you having to have an Az hunter safety course too! Az residents being tried 1st-but your states will be next! We are tired of being shit upon by the complaining non-residents! Mainly assholes like Taulmanure! You want to play your gonna pay!

KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!

Posts: 62 | Location: SAFFORD, AZ. | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"At this time only United States Outfitters, Conservation Force, Dallas Safari Club and African Safari Club have had the guts to try and stop the discrimination against us, the nonresident hunter".

UH HUH... suuure!!!!!

Its all about the money for USO and the like. Not about helping anyone...

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
dzpoorjr ,

It's my guess that you have never hunted or fished out of any other state than Az.?

Posts: 68 | Location: Jasper Tennessee | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
dzpoorjr, spoken like a true ASS. You do not know the ramifications this will cause. Screw your self riotous attitude. This will now start the rich mans sport that we have all been talking about. When they are done with non-residents they will work on the residents next. Sound like a good start to eliminate hunt all together. Pull you head out of your ass and look around you. Your next!!! I for one will never spend a dime in AZ. I have canceled my hunt there. If you think that not having non-resident hunting in your precious State of Arizona is so good, wait tell it happens and your hunting costs go sky high, because non-resident fee are no longer there to help support your game & fish department. What about your AZ outfitters there that take out non-residents. You will not hire them and they will be gone also. I guess I should not be surprised at you, having a small mind and the ability not to think clouds your sience of reason. bewildered

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
One thing a lot of you people that are for this forget, some of use save a long time to go on a hunt like this, and only do it once. It is ashamed that we cannot keep our money in the USA. I will be more than happy to spend my money in Canada or Africa on a hunt where it will be appreciated.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

posted Hide Post
Redhawk 1

You are correct that a bill like this is bad news. I have seen legislation like this and it always has intentions further than stated and side bills that get tacked on with no ones knowledge.

It will drive up resident license fees to make up for the loss revenues from non-residents. I do believe bills like this are a start to stop hunting and it can happen overnight. A lot of money comes in from the anti-hunters and it goes somewhere. We don't need more rights taken from us, pretty soon we aren't going to have any rights.

Who knows what proposed legislation is next, you can't work except in your home state, can't travel outside your home state, etc.?