New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUNTING COMPUTER GAMES/PROGRAMS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody played any of the commercial hunting programs, ie "Deer Hunter," and if so are they worth looking at?

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
While they may give a couple of moments of amusement, in a word, BORING.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
I have several like Deer Hunter, Turkey Hunter, Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter etc. While they were kinda fun at first, I lost interest fairly quickly and rarely play them much any more.

Maybe if there were some newer versions with better graphics they might spark the interest.

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Rocky Mountain Trophy Hunter 3. I haven't played it, but my 13 year old son does. He seems to like it.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I prefer flying online air combat sims in real time against LIVE oponents from around the world. We don't get to shot at animals but we do have a hell of a time flying around in WWII aircraft shooting at each other in real timme with 20 & 30 MM cannon.

This IS NOT a boring sim. The first time I took a 20mm hit in my engine I almost jumped out of my chair!
------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 01-08-2002).]

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I have the Browning Elk Hunter, total piece of low tech garbage. Unfortunatly it was a gift so I must like it.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

Save a plant, shoot a deer!

<1_pointer>
posted
Cabelas Big Game Hunter 3 isn't that bad. I like being able to pick out all the gear, that way I get to 'play' with things I could never buy.

<X-Ring>
posted
I have owned several over the last few years. I have had fun with them all at first, but they get old pretty fast. Same for the fishing games I have tried.
X-Ring

------------------
Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!

If your living like there is no HELL, you better be right!

one of us
Picture of HuntR
posted Hide Post

I just ordered a copy of the Long Range Shooting Simulation CD from http://www.shooterready.com/

The demo on the webpage was fun, er, I mean good training.

Posts: 179 | Location: Maine | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Gary Rihn>
posted
I'm sorry, you just can't simulate hunting on a computer keyboard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Rihn:
I'm sorry, you just can't simulate hunting on a computer keyboard.

Thot as much. Tks every body.

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote