New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer Hunters Prayer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Every year since I was a little boy going hunting with my dad I would say a prayer similar to this. Although the words change from year to year the thoughts remain the same. Reguardless of your personal beliefs, faith or creed I think that all hunters should, at some point, pause and reflect.

Almighty God and Creator of Creation,
Thank you for this sunrise, for this season, for this day. Thank you that I lived another year to see another hunting season. Bless and be with those who are not fortunate enough to be here and be with the families of those who are no longer able to be here. I pray peace over my fellow man and thank you for the opportunity and blessing of being able to hunt. In His Holy name I pray. Amen.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I definitely say AMEN too.

Also, however, on the old principle that "The Lord helps those who help themselves" I offer a hunter's prayer that this quite old man learned nearly 70 years ago.

"Lord, let me shoot clean and let me kill clean and
If I can't kill clean, let me miss clean".

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

I say a prayer every hunt as well, but you left out one valuable addition to the above prayer:

"And Lord, Please let the Big One come my way."

Big Grin

Hey, it worked on all the trophies I have, so you can't knock it Smiler

Ya'll have a good holiday,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Amen!! thumb

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloader,
Amen to that.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Bless the game, our compatriots, and the free time to be here with like others!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote