THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Ammo and firearms shipping in USA Major Issues

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo and firearms shipping in USA Major Issues
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
I have filled UPS claims with Rodgers Sporting Goods and Cabelas. About $600 in ammo was never delivered.

Today the customer rep at Rodgers told me that claims for lost ammo were 5 times higher than normal. Cabelas would not give me an answer. If you are ordering any ammo make sure you keep track on packages.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Can't trust anyone anymore.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
UPS is the very worst. I had some ammo get 'lost' and the tracking showed that it went to their distribution center in my own city, but they still couldn't locate it. They have outright thieves working for them. Beginning to remind me of Jo'burg.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Wow, thankful I have yet to see that problem!

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
My son had a similar problem where he was told that him ammo order had been delivered. He asked date and time and then compared that with his doorbell camera- no delivery. He did finally receive compensation for the "lost" order and purchased the ammo in person at a local store.

The only explanation had to be the delivery person stole the ammo and falsified the records.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For once I'm ahead of that game at
least with ammo. Re: Never buy factory
and have ten times as much as I'll ever
shoot up of reloads on hand.

Good luck getting a settlement on that.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Not surprised by this. The tweekers are preparing for their imagined Armageddon this November so even finding ammo to order right now is tuff.

Hope it turns out well in the end for you.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2804 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I ordered about $300 worth of rods and reels from Shimano last week and they cancelled the order and told me to contact my closest vendor.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
My wife just had a package delivered Tuesday (9/1) that was shipped 8/7. Tracking just stopped and item disappeared. Tracking resumed the da it was delivered and just went from limbo to d"delivered".
She has had the replacement item for almost two weeks.
Volume issues or shippers (ALL) playing games?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
UPS has had issues for years with employees printing labels at home with their own address and discreetly sticking them on packages which are marked with specific goods of interest to them.
Most employees know this trick and know they can get away with it if they only do it occasionally.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1219 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has been a problem for a long time.

Back in the early 70's shipped a savage 99 250 to savage. It never arrived.

USP paid the insurance but I lost my first deer rifle.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote