New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Wisconsin Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW...I thought you had to go all the way to Vancouver Island to shoot bears that big!

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope,every year there are 500 to 600 lb bears shot up by me.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In your opinion which of the northern zones consistently produce the largest bears A B or D?

I've only been applying for points a couple years now, so it will be a decade before I'll be able to draw in one of the northern zones.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in the Eastern part of zone B.Big bears are shot around here because there is some Ag here.Bears get fat on corn.Zone A produces some big bears also.I think if you can hunt in a Ag area any where in the State you will find big bears.In one of the A zones you can probably get a tag in about 3-4 years.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big bears can be found in any one of the zones.

If I was hunting a big one I would get a zone C tag and hunt the northern edge of that in farm country.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote