New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are these BIG enough?
 Login/Join

<Eric J>
posted
I like the new format of the BB,and all of the new topics. I also like how easy it is to post pics. Being this is Big Game Hunting I was wondering if these pics would qualify?  -
He is dead^.....
 -
He is not^.....
Eric

[ 06-07-2002, 05:27: Message edited by: Eric J ]

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Ok, what is the deal. That is a pig right? And you say he is not dead? More info please.

Darn nice Whitetail too!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But the pig don�t look alive. Especially if you take a look on the head and the nose,..some kind of bloddy!

cheers
konst#1

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Eric J>
posted
I was wondering if someone would ask...... The deer was hit with a 100gn. Ballistic Tip over 57gns of Reloader 22, wrapped with Winchester brass. The hog was hit with a 80 pound Red Nose Pit Bulldog over 1 gallon of adrinalin, wrapped in a kevlar vest. And yes the hog IS VERY ALIVE in the picture. It was approximatly 300lbs. and sent two dogs to the vet,( they were a little slow). And NO we didn't shoot it, nor even have a gun with us. The reason he doesn't look alive is that all of his feet are tied together. IMHO hog hunting with dogs, catch and tie, not bay and shoot, is without a doubt the most exciting form of hunting in North America!!! Try it, you'll like it.
BTW...The small crater on the hog's nose was made by the bulldog, they usually catch on the nose or ear. The ensuing struggle can cause a bit of trama to both combatants.

Eric

[ 06-08-2002, 01:21: Message edited by: Eric J ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FINE PIG!
I have always wanted to do that! How did you tie him? I know a guy in Ville Platte LA. who uses handcuffs on his hog hunts.

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
<Eric J>
posted
We've tried handcuffs, but small cord, about 3/16" works best. Something you can tie and the knot won't roll or slip. Use a piece about three feet long. You keep tieing until you run out of string.

btw My brother is bringing the photo album over tonight, will post more picks. He just told me that he has added alot of new ones this year. He has the dogs I just tag along from time to time.

Eric

<Eric J>
posted
Here's the hog 2 hours after the first pic was taken.  -