THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How NOT to get your girlfriend involved in hunting/shooting!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How NOT to get your girlfriend involved in hunting/shooting!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1194930901/Girl_Gets_...e_by_a_Shotgun_Scope

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I saw that coming the moment the video started. What a shame. Looked painful.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
scopebite...ouch. I nice young lady too.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Yep. I don't suppose that she'll have a flinch after that little gash... Roll Eyes

KG

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
her boyfriend must be an ass to see how she was shouldering that thing and not straighten her out.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Just to add a quick joke into this thread...

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing! You already told her twice!

Yeah I know, bad taste...bad taste

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3325 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dartfreak8:
her boyfriend must be an ass to see how she was shouldering that thing and not straighten her out.

I was thinking the same. She clearly had no idea how to shoulder the thing, had neither eye nor ear protection, was shooting what I assume was a slug, that maybe there was more to the story. I mean really, what was the guy thinking? On top of it all, note that she appears to have had her finger on the trigger the whole time... thumbdown

KG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it was intentional????

Otherwise the guy is a royal arse.

And if it was then he is just plain mean.

/C

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoever just handed her that and watched her shoot it like that should be taken out and given a swift kick in the nuts. No excuse for that, at all. I've had to show a lot of people how to shoot that have never handled a gun before, and it doesn't take that much effort! Grr, makes me cringe... shocker

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
I know how it hurts! Brained myself earlier this summer shooting a 30-06 that I've shot a thousand times if I've shot it once.

And let me tell you, the old scopes, with no rubber around the edges--they do leave a nice gash!

Uggh!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Now, let's just figure how big an ass her boy friend is. No hearing protection, no eye protection, grossly inadequate instruction. Then he video tapes it and posts it on the internet. She can do much better in selecting her friends and companions.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This just goes to prove there are some true dumb asses out there with real guns. He needs rolled over a barrel and have his ass whipped till the next time it thunders!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZ Pete:
Then he video tapes it and posts it on the internet.

Exactly. I didn't think it was amusing at all.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That chap is a bit of tool I'd say..... thumbdown

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
and he also moves in behind her to stop her rearward travel. i second a good beating of him.

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
I agree with what a couple of you said. That a**hole should have taught her how to put that gun to her shoulder. Moron. I wouldnt be suprised if he was without a girlfriend now homer

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That Dude should be put in the ditch....

Posts: 146 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was just a pure mean thing to do!

I'm teaching my wife how to shoot and I'm not doing it like this.

She's good with the S&W Detective 38

So I have started her with a 17HMR rifle. She is doing good with the crude Rossi sights. I will put a scope on it this week.

I want to work her into a centerfire that will kill a deer but not much recoil. She has had neck surgery so I need to be careful

Any sugestions on a cartridge?

Sorry to side track this thread but it got me thinking.

Thanks
Steve

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote