Find
Notify
Tools

ELK HUNTING TRIP SUGGESTION?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
Well I have to do it. I have missed the last 3 seasons due to freaking deployments so next year I am going on a nice hunt not just chasing animals around with 900 other guys right beside me. Looking for a drop camp or someone who can suggest a place for me to do it myself. It is very important to me to do it all myself. I dont care if its a monster it will be all mine. If you guys could recommend a few outfitters or a good location.

I am in excellent shape something to do with humping my ass around all the time.
Hunted elk myself 1 success with a bow learned a lot in those years.
Doesnt matter location will travel.
I think a drop camp would be the way to go as I dont have everything to make it awesome I could use my 2 man mountain tent and a coleman but trying to spoil myself on this one.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of whiplash
posted Hide Post
you might check with www.eastmans.com in their outfitters section. You can search by state, or animal...I would like to think if an outfitter is listed on eastmans, it should be reputible. I know how it is to be deployed during hunting season. Our base for years have also had exercises right smack dab in the middle of the season...found some more www.outfittersandguides.com www.ioga.org hope this helps some.

Posts: 158 | Location: Grand View, Idaho | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Ralph Anderson
9062 E 5 St
Tucson, AZ 85710
520-722-4103

Todd Black in Utah Be sure to check out the photos and movies tab. Very good footage.

I know a guy in Colorado too that is excellent and has a great rep. and success rates. I'll have to get you his website/info after I go home tonight though.

Is Canada an option?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

posted Hide Post
Do it yourself, pm me and I will tell you of some nice places.

Posts: 14 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 November 2004Reply With Quote