New
Find
Notify
Tools

DEER KILLS MAN
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
He shouldn't have had "domesticated" deer anyway. This raising deer for trophy quality antlers like cattle kind of degrades deer hunting.

I was told in South Africa that farmers had been known to hand raise Blade Wildebeests and that when they got older and territorial they, having no fear of man, would kill trespassers. Maybe a similar thing is true with deer.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine in the 8th grade went to his granparents deer farm and was attacked by one of the bucks. Broken ribs holes in is lungs ect real messed him up.

Bucks, bulls, stallons ect are nothing to monkey around with.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
rom my experience, ALL wild hoof stock, especially the males, if hand raised or confined in close captive situations become incredibly dangerous.

The completely lose all fear of humans and instead regard them as rivals. Many folks over the years have been killed by hand raised "wild" hoof stock.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
rom my experience, ALL wild hoof stock, especially the males, if hand raised or confined in close captive situations become incredibly dangerous.

The completely lose all fear of humans and instead regard them as rivals. Many folks over the years have been killed by hand raised "wild" hoof stock.

I wouldn't go in a pasture to pet the resident angus bull either.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Factoid: The most dangerous animal in America is the dairy bull. More killings, more injuries than any other animal, domestic or wild.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard somewhere that Jerseys were the worst!

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Factoid: The most dangerous animal in America is the dairy bull. More killings, more injuries than any other animal, domestic or wild.

Not quite, according to the most recent list I could find. It was for 2008 and is interestingly as follows:

Average Number of Deaths per Year in the U.S

53 - Bee/Wasp
31 - Dogs
20 - Horse
3 - Bull
6.5 - Spider
5.5 - Rattlesnake
1 - Mt. Lion
1 - Shark
.5 - Bear
.5 - Scorpion
.5 - Centipede
.3 - Alligator
.25 - Elephant
.1 - Wolf

(Worldwide, what is tops of the list and results in more human deaths than hippos, elephants, snakes, scorpions, lions, sharks and all of the other worldwide top ten killers? (and weighs less than a postage stamp? - yup - mosquito).

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The mozzie itself doesn't kill you, it's just the messenger for a whole host of deadly diseases and parasites.

I bet wolves move up on that list in the near future!

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
David Hanlin, a Weatherby Award winner with whom I wrote his "Around the World and Then Some," died this summer and is in that No. 1 category. After hunting in more than a 100 countries, he died from a bee sting near his home in Erie, PA.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Domestic animals kill people because People get really stupid around them, in nicer terms complacency. In the spirit of the OP however, hand raised males of what is NORMALLY considered a wild species of hoof stock are dangerous.

As far as numbers of human deaths the various insects are the winners.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote