New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nevada Mule Deer Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm hopeing to book a Mule Deer rifle hunt for the 2003 season and in doing so I just talked to a Wes Bennett who hunts area 10 in the north east corner of Nevada. He seemed like a nice guy and is mailing me some info. Anybody know anything about he?

I've also emailed and called Wilde Brough of Humboldt outfitters. Any info on him or maybe a Mule Deer guide you would recommend.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Mark,

You could also talk to Jim Puryear of Nevada Guide Service. He is based in Reno, telephone 775 851 1924.

He hunts antelope, sheep, elk and deer.

Please use my name if you call him. You might have to leave a message as his day job is a fireman.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Blktailhtr>
posted
Mark,
Have you been applying in Nevada to build Bonus points for the drawing. Nevada is one state you cannot just plan on hunting for next year as the odds are stacked against you if you are a first time applicant for a good area. Even with the outfitters draw it takes years sometimes to draw a good area.

The area that Wes hunts has 3-1 odds for the early hunt while the late hunt has 15-1 draw odds (2001 stats). But again, with Nevada squaring bonus points, the odds are ging to favor those who have been applying over a first timer.

posted Hide Post
I also have a hunt in north eastern Nevada any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 21 | Location: Las Vegas NV | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote