THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    NM Game and Fish Director Charged With Wildlife Violation

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NM Game and Fish Director Charged With Wildlife Violation
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
Here is a link to the story

http://www.koat.com/news/14707326/detail.html

What are you thoughts?

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
And a link to another discussion about it.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID6/15800.html

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to try to hunt in New Mexico once. I sent for the paperwork and the license information . I started trying to read and understand the proceedures for actually finding a place ot hunt and it was like doing my taxes before TurboTax. I then found out that out-of-staters had to have a guide. I just threw it all in the trash then.

This guy probably couldn't understand his own rules.

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let him pay the fines and deal with it!
By the way, you do not need a guide to hunt NM..................wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the director is not a local, no? new mexico should have its own slot on the periodic chart of elements. it is a very different place.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wapiti7, I got this huge packet from New Mexico Game and Fish Dept.(or whatever the Dept is called ) in 1995. I guess I was dumber then becaue I could not for the life of me figure out how to apply for a hunt. I remember reading very plainly that Out-of-State hunters had to be accompanied by a guide. Perhaps that reg only applied to the areas I was trying to hunt in. I don't know. At any rate I didn't go. Maybe someday.

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, If you need any help or suggestions in the future, just let me know!
.........wapiti7

one of us
posted Hide Post
You do not have to have a guide to hunt NM. Period......

Posts: 188 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the result of "micro-management"?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been wrong a couple of times before, just ask my wife. I'll certainly give you guys a shout if I decide to try again. Thanks.

See I thought that quote was from "Taming of the Shrew".

Alan