New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Schnees or Whites pacs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Allen, I have handled both as well and I am impressed with the quality and workmanship of each.

SJ, the Hunter II's are what I had planned to order, and I think I'll stick to that plan.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Chuck, I'm running on a pair of Schnee's right now and I love them, but I will say that the White's pacs that I've tried on at a couple of sports shows were extremely well-built, and fit me very well. Sizing seems to be about the same........

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
The names have changed since I bought mine but the current designations for mine are the extreme and hunterII.I wear the hunterII's most of the time and switch to the extremes for the coldest weather or for long waits on stands.Mine were listed as 14" but the newer equivalent seems to be listed at 13".

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I will order a pair of Schnees. Now which ones..........

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

I am interested in your question as well.

I was just looking at Schnee's pacs this past week. I need a good pac boot for hunting and ice fishing. I can't answer your question from personal experience but, from what I've heard Schnee's pacs are the best going while White's are usually thought of as to heavy.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you hate or have a pair of Whites leather boots? I have worn a pair of their packers for nearly 20 years, and a pair of their winter pac boots for nearly 10. I have the linemans model with the stiffer airbob sole, and have been very pleased with them. They are warm and comfortable, and the ones I wear are great for hunting in very steep and rough terrain.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no comparison schnees are the best fit and quality, and I agree they run a little small,I have 2 pair as well.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote