Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bear hunt for fall 07
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted
The wife says that i might be able to book a fall black bear hunt for next year Big Grin So..where in the lower 48 would a guy go for a good Blackie? Ive been thinking about Foggy Mt in Maine..been around a long time with good reputation. What about out west..AZ? ID? Where have you been and who have you hunted with? Thanks guys.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh- I would be more than glad to chat with you about this. I book hunts for many different species and work with many different outfitters and bruins is the thing I love the most.

I am a all out bruin fanatic!

At this time I do not work with any outfitters that hunt over bait. I know that Ann from here and Aspen Hill Adventures does booking as well and she works with some bait people so if that is your fancy you will want to get a hold of her.

If you like PM me your phone # and I will give you a call this weekend.

Mark D
Rocky Mountain Consulting

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Josh,

I hunted with Stitch and Joanie at Elk City Adventures in Idaho. They were great. It was for spring bear. Mine was small, but my kid saw 3. 450NE No 2 also has hunted with them, and suggested them to me.

http://www.elk-city-idaho-adventures.com/

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Josh K,

We have done well with www.allagashguideservice.com in Maine and www.bouldercreekoutfitters.com in Idaho.

Idaho has color phase bears - both are good hunts.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Josh Rhodes in Maine

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want a chance at a monster bear check
the San Carlos or the White Mountian Apache Indian reservations in AZ. Both have web sites. I have hunted both, also the Quinault reservation in Washington. Hunted there past april. Iam not a booking agent but have taken 18 blackies over the years 3 BC in size. PM
if you like.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.oxbowlodge.com

I shot a nice one there back in 2001. He has a great lodge. Reasonably priced as well. I am photo 4 in the photo album.

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote